Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lava Hot Springs


So my roommate Jenney and I went latin dancing the other week and we thought we should take pictures so here's us right before we left for a night on the town.

A couple weeks ago I made dinner for a girl who had recently lost her mother and as a thanks she gave me some banana beignets that she made. She told me how to make them so the other day I made some beignets. They were pretty good, they taste like banana scones.

The other day I woke up and my neck was hurting a little bit and so put my hand up to rub it and this is what I felt. It really surprised me and scared me at first. I thought for a second that it was a sist, but I realized that a sist couldn't just pop up over night. So I concluded that it was just a big knot in my neck. It is almost gone now and that was a week ago.

This is our friend Reef, he is a pretty funny guy who has been coming over and visiting us lately. He is a personal trainer, so he showed Jenney and I some exercises. Jenney recorded them and I made them into a video, so we could watch it and do the exercises. It's a pretty good little workout, and is easily done at home. Also lately I've been going to the gym and running. I've been running 2 miles in about 20 min. I haven't gotten to the point where I can run strait for 20 min, I walk for two min after I run my first mile. But I ran my first mile in 8:34 the other day, and I finised the second at 18 min.

Last Saturday Jenney, Jared and I went to the Lava Hot Springs here in Idaho. They are pretty nice. They've been modernized so they are chlorinated, have gravel at the bottom, and have little cement benches all along the edges. They are set up on a hill so the highest one is the hottest and the lowest is the coolest. The coolest one is like warm like a cheap Jacuzzi or a particularly warm swimming pool. The hottest one is really hot, your skin is all red when you get out and you can only stay in for a little while or you'll fell like your about to burst into flames.
This was a monument that was on the edge of the Hot Springs town that we took pictures on (hoping we wouldn't get arrested by the cop who was down the street).

The day we went to the hot springs was perfect. It was snowing just a little bit so you put half your body out of the springs, and the other half in and it would create the perfect situation.

2 comments:

  1. Oh your neck! I hurt just seeing that knot.
    Your flats to go latin dancing are so cute and so practical!
    The hot springs sound super fun!
    BYU-I really looks like a fun place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I get a knot in my neck and I think it is because there is an infection and the lymph node becomes swollen. Those hot springs look really nice.

    ReplyDelete